Hello!

My name is Reet and I am currently a fifth year neurobiology undergraduate student at UVic. Neuroscience is an extremely vast field of study however, I most enjoy learning about neurological and psychological diseases and disorders.

My professional interests lie in the field of public health. I’ve always wanted to work in the healthcare sector, but I didn’t want to be involved in any clinical work, which is why I opted out of nursing or medicine. I am interested in public health because I’m hoping it gives me an opportunity to make a difference beyond my community. I am very passionate about improving healthcare, increasing access to education, and decreasing poverty in developing countries.

Apart from my academic and professional interests, I love to be outdoors and enjoy spending my time hiking, running, or going for long drives. Raised in Victoria, I still have not had the chance to explore the island completely. Visiting the beautiful beaches of Tofino and experiencing the views of Lake Cowichan are on the top of my bucket list!

An amazing view from the top of Mount Doug!    Pic credits: Reet